To ensure you get truly remarkable results from our print services, we have prepared a concise guide to assist you with your electronic file preparation and submission. If you have a specific problem that is not covered in this guide, or have other questions, please feel free to contact us.
- All fonts are included or outlined (converted to curves)
- Type is legible and crisp
- Page layout is correct
- Margins are set.
- Artwork matches the specified dimensions.
- All linked files, images, and fonts are placed in separate folders.
- Colors in RGB mode.
A 1/8" border must be added to pictures and designs bleeding to the edge, so that there is no white space or border showing around the artwork. It is also important to keep text at least a 1/4" away from the material edge or the trim line to prevent accidental cropping.
'Print Preview' is not a precision tool for measuring the color accuracy of the prints made. Colors on the file might be affected by monitor calibration, screen resolution and lighting, just to name a few. Many Pantone colors show a marked color shift when converted to four color process.
- All images and pictures should be 300 dpi.
- Rasterized text or logos should be 1200 dpi.
- Screen values should be between 133 lpi and 150 lpi.
Guidelines by Application
- Files should be 300 dpi at 100% of actual size for quality reproduction.
- Files should be saved in PDF format (embed all fonts and set the screen value to 133 lpi.)
We provide PDF files as electronic soft proofs upon request. These digital proofs intend to show you the layout and design elements of your job, but cannot be a guarantee of color accuracy. If color accuracy is of extreme importance to you, please ask for a hard copy proof. Scan all transparencies and line art at 100% of final size unless data size is prohibitive. If such a case occurs, scan at 1/4 or 1/2 of final size.